As a qualified trainer with PMAST, it has been my honor to work with high school students at Forest Lawn and Nelson Mandela High Schools in Calgary, and W.H. Croxford High School in Airdrie, to conduct the 8-week Make into Men training program.
The MAKE INTO MEN project helps young men develop compassion and respect to successfully navigate the rough waters of social pressures and expectations in their transition from boyhood to manhood. Participants learn to:
- Explore the nature of men and social perceptions about being a man
- Understand the roots and characteristics of violent masculinity
- Identify sources of anger and strong emotions
- Appreciate the impact of peer and media pressure on creating self image
- Improve communication skills for managing conflict
- Create healthier relationships through empathy, integrity, and accountability
PMAST helps people respect themselves and each other through proven, effective workshops in schools and in the community. Together, we must put a stop to bullying.
If you would like further information about this wonderful program, or our similar NO MORE DRAMA program for young women, please go to www.pmast.org